8/12/16

Photo Journal: Bali Pt. 1

After awhile, I finally had another chance to escape town and re-visit Bali. I was all excited days before the departure date, and could not wait to land on the island during the flight. I had planned all four days of my visit, mostly beach-walking and cafe-hopping. All plans worked out during the trip, and to be able to pay visits to all these beautiful places, I finally understood why the feelings and addictions of Bali craved so much. I was not ready to come back home, no matter how sweet home could be. I wanted to stay longer and go to hidden places on the other sides of the island, but I had only limited time to spend. On the last night, I had missed Bali and was saddened by the fact that I had to return home the next day. 

I am finally home, and I have bittersweet feelings since leaving the island of Bali, I miss everything already. I miss getting up in the morning and get excited to start exploring; rushing to the beaches before noon to have the beach all to myself and a few other people only; getting washed by the waves and covered by the sands; laying down by the sea, getting heat on my skin; long walking from places to places and having easing conversations; admiring every corner of the island and feeling comfortable among the people. I am pretty sure I won't get over Bali anytime soon, I can't wait to go back and visit more places.

"The mere mention of Bali evokes thoughts of a paradise. It's more than a place; it's a mood, and aspiration, a tropical state of mind." ― Lonely Planet.



Photograph by: Michelle Sal. / Nikon 1 J1

No comments

Post a Comment

© Michelle Sal.
Maira Gall