12/4/16

Greatest Lesson

A friend has recommended this book for some time now, and after awhile I finally got to purchase the novel and read it. At first, I thought the novel was another book of love story, and to be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of novels as they are long and many of them are written in complex structures; Not that I have anything against novels, but unless it tells a story that is very intriguing to me, I would rather read a book of collection of short poems or stories.

Tuesdays with Morrie has positive reviews with people claiming the book has changed their lives, so I got curious and decided to join the hype. And after a few days, I got to finish the book, and I can see where the hype came from. It was an enjoyable read of a real life story, written in simple words and heartwarming life lessons. It clearly has the ability to change the readers' perspectives on life and so many other things, it gives readers different point of views of what's important. I like how the stories are told and written as it is, it doesn't feel as the writer tried to impress the readers with big words or any complexity while building story elements.

It was a good read and I would definitely recommend this book to other readers, or simply buy it as a gift for someone, it would be a heartwarming one. Tuesdays with Morrie lives up to its reputation.





Photography by: Michelle Sal. / Canon 60D

2 comments

  1. I just finished reading it a few weeks ago in printed word. I also have it in an ebook format and it's really a very nice read. I couldn't help myself realize a lot about life and love in general and it made me cry. Mitch Albom has always been my favorite author. I've already read all of his books and he never fails to touch lives and change the bad into good. He even sent me a tweet one time when I kept on tweeting some lines on his new book, 'The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto'. I also recommend that you should give it a read. It's worth it. Every book of his is worth it. ;)

    Augustin Ra / Indie Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for your recommendation, I will surely check his other books out. His stories feel genuine and far from pretentious big words, which I think personally, help readers like myself, whose first language is not English, relate more to his stories. I love when people share their reading experiences, thank you for sharing :)

      And your blog is awesome ;)

      Delete

© Michelle Sal.
Maira Gall