12/2/16

Graduated

I have finally graduated from college with bachelor degree of art! I have actually finished the study since a couple of months ago when I passed the thesis final presentation, but the graduation ceremony was just held last week. The ceremony was quite long and was a bore, but I was sitting close by my friends, so we had a pretty good time during the long ceremony, even though we were half asleep due to the early morning starting schedule. We had our photos taken afterwards with each other, and also other friends who came to congratulate and give us flowers, we went back to celebrate with each of our family and some of them actually made friends and got acquainted. I am deeply thankful and grateful for all the people who have been around since day one and stuck around until the end of college; I thank you for the support, laugh, advice, and many more. To my family, closest friends, classmates, lecturers, seniors, and every one who have had roles during my college years, you have been crucial every step of the way!

As good as it feels to be free from any responsibility, I will miss the hours of struggling to complete a project and skipping sleeps after sleeps just to catch up with deadlines. I will miss the Skype video chats and hours of silence during the calls just to keep each other company while working on the projects. I will miss the freezing classes and backseats filled with juicy gossips and complains about life and classes. I will miss saying hi to other friends in hallways and I will also miss the snack counter selling the nicest treats in campus. I will miss the ramen counter and also the expensive lunch one, and I will miss the sofas where we lay down for hours working on other projects, eating, and sleeping while waiting for the next classes. Thank you to all my friends for the good times, and thank you to all my family for the support!

On Monday, 2 days after the graduation ceremony, I was hired and started working as a graphic designer at a lifestyle and retail company. They are quite well known among the young people in Jakarta, and I actually enjoy being a part of the brand development team, even though the commute takes quite a portion of my time and paycheck. The bosses are very welcoming since day one, and so are the people working there; Even though they are much older than I am, they always try to reach out and make me feel like I'm part of their team. So far, working at this new place has been pleasing, I am excited to experience new days and meet new people along the way!


Photography by: Michelle Sal. / Canon 60D

No comments

Post a Comment

© Michelle Sal.
Maira Gall